I am a Front End Developer and User Interface Designer that specializes in crafting experiences that improve the way humans interact with Web technology.
- Skills & Technologies
Front End Development and User Interface Design
- Professional Experience
Fpweb.net Lead Web UX Developer - Jan 2009 to Sept 2015
- Lead the Web user interface design and development efforts for both public and internal Web properties
- Work as part of the development team to design, develop and deploy critical improvements to the internal customer management system UI
- Utilize and advocate Web Standards through front-end code best practices
- Conduct usability testing on internal systems and Web applications across departments within the company
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales and Stakeholders to identify new initiatives and drive sales on Web properties
- Provide creative direction to ensure brand consistency across all Web initiatives
- Manage source control and drive quality control for a 480+ page dynamic Website
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Web services team while adhering to the Agile development methodology
- Implement and maintain inbound marketing software on front-end Web properties using the Hubspot Content Optimization System (COS)
- Promoted to Design team Lead after two years of employment
- Promoted to UX Development team Lead after three years of employment
- Trained and oversaw three additions to the Design team of the Web Services department
- Introduced and drove user adoption of Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, SASS/Compass, Bootstrap and Responsive Web Design within the Web Services/Marketing department
- Designed a dynamic customer information feed to provide customer service with relevant business information pertaining to changes in customer accounts
- Redesigned and optimized sales contact forms, resulting in an increase in sales quotes and leads
- Redesigned and optimized product checkout pages, resulting in an increase in sales conversions
- Redesigned and implemented a responsive design for the internal customer management portal/application
- Redesigned and implemented a responsive design for the external customer account portal/application
- Redesigned and optimized the company blog, resulting in a 500% increase in traffic to our main Web property
- Redesigned and implemented a responsive design for the company's 480+ page dynamic marketing Website
- Implemented inbound marketing system software (Hubspot) into the company's public facing marketing Website
Columbia College Columbia, MO
Computer/Management Information Systems
- Training & Conference Attendance
Human Factors International San Francisco, CA - February 2010
How to Design for Persuasion, Emotion and Trust (PET design)
A two-day course teaching advanced techniques to motivate users to explore, discover, interact, and return to an organization's website.
Future of Web Design Conference 2010 New York, NY - November 2010
A world class conference series for web designers and front-end developers, bringing together top speakers and the latest topics in Web Design and Development.
STLUX'11 St. Louis, MO - February 2011
A one-day user experience conference where professionals share research, trends, and best practices in creating phenomenal user experiences.
Future of Web Design Conference 2011 New York, NY - November 2011
Second year in attendance.
Sitecore .NET Developer Training and Certification St. Louis, MO - February 2015
Attended training and received certification as a Sitecore .NET Developer.
- Professional references available upon request